How to link a competency to a course?

Re: How to link a competency to a course?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As well as adding the competencies to the learning plans which you then allocate to the students you do  have to add the competencies to the courses where the students will be studying.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Re: How to link a competency to a course?

by Jeff Jones -
Not sure if I should start a new link or keep this going.....

I've set up a sample competency and learning plan. I've created a course that has the competency in it. If I go to the learning plan and click on "find courses" that should have the competency, I get no results. How should this work? Is there a step I'm missing?

Tks, Jeff...
In reply to Jeff Jones

Re: Re: Re: How to link a competency to a course?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just past the hour, log in to school.demo.moodle net and log in with the username susan and password moodle. She has a learning plan (in fact, two) with competencies attached and if you click Edit > Find courses, you will see a course linked to that competency. Then log in with the username manager and password moodle and access those courses and the learning plans and see if you can spot differences in their set-up from your site.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to link a competency to a course?

by Jeff Jones -
Hi Mary, thanks for the quick reply. I took a quick look and see some differences in the course configuration. I'm crashing on another project right now, but will look at it closer next week. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Jeff....