Set filter as default in new grading interface

Set filter as default in new grading interface

by Susanne Soerensen -
Number of replies: 9

We have a client who wishes to set the filter in the new grading interface as default to requires grading so that not all assignments are loaded when the grader function is loaded.

Or at least find a way where the last setting for the filter is remembered.

This is because they find that the grading interface is slow to load.

Has anyone found a way to do so?

Or share the same wish?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susanne Soerensen

Re: Set filter as default in new grading interface

by Stewart Fulton -
Yes - we want to do the same thing - will let you know if we find a solution for it
In reply to Stewart Fulton

by Susanne Soerensen -

Thank you. So far I have not found a solution - hope that you have better luck smile

by Chris S -

Actually in Moodle 3.2 the filter settings  are remembered even if a teacher logs out and then logs in.

So suppose if a teacher sets the filter setting to be "Requires Grading". Even after logging out and then logging in the setting should be remembered ?

Does it not work so ?

In reply to Chris S

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

No, the filter is not remembered in the new Grading interface  (I'm using Moodle 3.1.5)

The filter does not stay set to "Requires Grading" when you have previously used it with a different assignment -- it needs to be check off every time - even if you already graded a particular assignment ( when you go back to that same assignment, the "Requires Grading" needs to be re-checked.)

Is there a site setting or a profile setting that can allow the assignment module to remember which filter was used last? Or is this is a bug with my site? Assistance appreciated.

Clarification Edit: The filter does retain for me in Quick Grading view -- just not in the new grading interface.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Chris S -

Moodle grading page

Are you talking about the above page ? If so the filter remembers it's value even after logging out and then logging in ? Or are you talking about a different page ?

In reply to Chris S

by Susanne Soerensen -

I am talking about here:

by Jon Fila -

I am looking for the same solution. I think I found the files that deal with those settings but I'm not sure what to edit.

mod/assign/templates/

or

grading_navigation_user_selector.mustache

theme/boost/template/mod_assign/grading_navigation_user_selector.mustache

or 

mod/assign/amd/build/grading_navigation.min.js

mod/assign/amd/src/grading_navigation.js

When I try to look for any true/false settings or defaults, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Perhaps someone can help me get the rest of the way?

In reply to Jon Fila

by Ben Haensel -

I've been looking for a means to customize this page as well. Has anyone found a working solution they would be willing to share? I've created this tracker issue as well: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-61445

Thanks for any info! -Ben, BlueSky Online School, MN, USA

In reply to Jon Fila

by Ben Haensel -

If you're using the Boost theme, go here: 

moodle333\moodle\theme\boost\templates\mod_assign\grading_navigation_user_selector.mustache

add checked="checked" just before name="filter_requiregrading"

It's line 51 in the file I've got. Please share the results. Thanks! -Ben

Average of ratings: Useful (1)