Customization

Re: Customization

by Randy Thornton -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers

Chris and Mary,

I think this is an issue HQ should address. It should either work fully or be turned off until it can be. Or at the very least have some warning.

Since an important part of Moodlecloud's mission it to allow people to try out Moodle, for every person like Enrique who reports the issue, many people will just think it is the way Moodle works, never look into the issue, and so get a bad impression of Moodle as buggy and unreliable. And language customisation is one of those features where Moodle really stands out, it is done so well.

Randy

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Chris Reid -

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. 

MoodleCloud's aim is to provide as many standard Moodle features as possible. Sometimes we disable a feature to ensure the overall Moodle experience is a good one for everyone on the service.    

I agree language customisation is a great feature in Moodle and we will continue strive to find a way to implement it on MoodleCloud without impacting on site performance.  In the meantime, we will implement a warning message as you suggest to ensure it is clear to users that the feature isn't supported.

Thanks

Chris

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Reid

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Thanks, Chris.

I think a warning would be good thing. People will understand they are working a environment that's more controlled that if they had Moodle themselves. As long as that's clear, it will work. For instance, with the various admin setting config presets, which are clearly marked, I can easily explain to potential Moodlers what that means and why.

Randy