Boost Theme logo help pls

Re: Boost Theme logo help pls

by Andrew P -
Number of replies: 12
Dear Mary,

I had the same problem using Boost and your .sitelink {visibility: hidden;} fixed the footer. Thanks!

I do still have a problem with the home page's logo. On all other pages, my uploaded logo appears, but on the home page, I get the 'white on colour' text version of my site name instead of the logo. I also get a larger version of the logo in a seperate block below the banner (which I would like to remove).

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Andrew

In reply to Andrew P

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andrew,

I'm writing to say sorry for missing your post in Moodle Themes' Forum back in January this year, when you asked for help with your Frontpage Logo.

For me to be able to give you the correct instruction in order to fix the problem I would need to view your Moodle site. If the problem still exists please send me a link to your site via the Messenger then I will be better able to help you.

If not then please accept my apologies?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Andrew P -

HI Mary,

I have moved on to another theme, so not an issue for me now. Thank you for checking in!

Andrew

In reply to Mary Evans

by Olivier Delhaye -

Hi Mary,

I have the same problem with the (boost theme) home page's logo. On all other pages, my uploaded logo appears, but on the home page, I get the text button with our site name instead of the logo: https://moodle.mycpfb.be/

Can you help me please ? smile

Olivier

In reply to Olivier Delhaye

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This is what happens when the Moodle developers at HQ start messing with settings which create problems like this that they did not foresee.

This needs reporting as a BUG as the empty logo space in the navbar should not be there.

Also to make things easier it would be better to have a setting with various options in order to choose the look you want for the Frontpage.

In the mean time I will try and come up with a fix to solve this for you.

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Olivier Delhaye -

A very big thanks, Mary! heart
I await your news.

by Mary Evans -

Hi Olivier,

I'm having problems adding the CSS to the page so I will send you a message via the Moodle Messenger.

OK?

Thanks

Mary

by Mary Evans -

OK...here is the main part of the CSS, the image url I will need to send you via email as the text editor messes things up here.

.navbar-light .navbar-brand {
    padding-left: 1rem;
    padding-right: 1rem;
    margin-right: 2rem;
    color: transparent;
    background: none;
    background-image: url( full url to the small logo);
    background-position: left top;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    width: 129px;
    height: 70px;
    background-size: 50%;
}

You need to add this CSS into the Raw SCSS, this is the seconed input area of the Boost theme's Advanced settings page.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Olivier Delhaye -

I added the css. Everything is perfect now. 

I only had to add

#page-wrapper .logo img {display:none;}

because the logo was duplicated on other pages than the home page :

Thank you again for your kindness and your efficiency, Mary.  smile

O.

by Mary Evans -

Ah...my mistake I forgot to add

#page-site-index

infront of .navbar-light .navbar-brand so that the CSS would look like this:

#page-site-index .navbar-light .navbar-brand {
    margin-right: 2rem;
    background-image: url( full url to the small logo);
    background-position: left top;
    width: 129px;
    height: 70px;
    background-size: 50%;
}

That way it would only show up on the frontpage.

Well at least it is working!!!

Many thanks, it was a pleasure...which I hope will help others overcome the same problem.

Cheers

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Aaron Johnson -

Hi Mary,

I have been using your code to display my small logo and not the site name in the nav bar. It worked well in Moodle 3.2, but we just updated to 3.5 (Build: 20180517, Boost 2018051400) and it doesn't work any more. I'm back to the situation where the site name shows up to the right of the logo, for example on the Dashboard (attached).

That is how it looks on every page except the Site home page, which looks correct.

Here's the SCSS code I've been using:

.sitelink {visibility: hidden}
.site-name {display: none}
#page-site-index .navbar-light .navbar-brand {
    margin-right: 3rem;
    margin-left: 1rem;
    background-image: url(the correct link);
    background-position: center bottom;
    width: 116px;
    height: 39px;
    background-size: 100%;
}

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Aaron

Attachment Dashboard.PNG
In reply to Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson -

Nevermind. I realized this was the opposite of the problem I was having before, so I deleted the "#page-site-index" tag and then had to add "#page-wrapper .logo img {display:none;}" at the end because I had two logos everywhere. (But this removed the large logo from the Site home page so I had to add "#page-site-index .logo img {display: unset}".)

Am I way overdoing this now? It seems like I'm adding the logo, taking it away, and then putting it back again, but if I remove all the code, then it is incorrect. It seems like the real problem now is that the command ".site-name {display: none}" doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Aaron