Any alternatives to Mambo.io for gamifying Moodle?

Re: Any alternatives to Mambo.io for gamifying Moodle?

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy,

I strongly agree with you on that point, but there are things Moodle doesn't do (or do well), that Mambo does. While I know how to build in restrict access and activity completion conditions, and how to add badges as rewards, this is only a small portion of what one would like to do with a gamification approach to instructional design.

However, I'm open to suggestions on how to boost gamification possibilities in Moodle.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Any alternatives to Mambo.io for gamifying Moodle?

by Jeff Campbell -

Hi Joost, I think gamification can be much more than what it currently looks like.  I've been using Level Up/Badges for a few years now, and I've noticed my high school students aren't all that interested in it.  I do really like the fact the Leaderboard shows my hardest working students, but there are definitely some issues with Leaderboards (I think it's important only for people to see a few spots above and below them...not the entire class).  My newest project (app) is getting students involved in setting up a gamification system they would find appealing for their school and also providing learning opportunities at the same time.