Student Records, Management and Scalability

Student Records, Management and Scalability

by Adam Horbett -
Number of replies: 0

My university uses Moodle and I am very impressed with its capabilities and everything about it.

I know of a company looking at Moodle to use as its internal, on-line training platform.  Many of the questions I have had, have been answered through the robust content of this site, except for a few areas that are major factors:

Can Moodle be used to deliver a library of self-paced courses that do not require an instructor's touch (self-register, self-complete)?

How are course completion records, testing scores and the like tracked? 

Can it be polled by the system administrators? 

Is there a built-in retention policy and/or automatic housekeeping feature? 

Is it possible to delegate student management to numerous locations without compromising the integrity of the curriculum and/or of each individual course?

Is it possible to implement a multi-tiered management hierarchy (one who manages 5, who manage 10, who manage 50)?

Can curricula paths be developed whereas a series of courses need to be completed in order to achieve some sort of certification?

I ask these because we have a high turnover rate (100% to 250% per year) in many of our locations.  Since we have hundreds of thousands of learners worldwide, we need to delegate the student management to thousands of locations based on our organizational structure.  Can Moodle help us with this?  If each of these questions are already answered elsewhere in this site, I apologize for missing the answers and humbly ask that you point me to them.

Thank you!

PS - Is there a search function for discussions?

Average of ratings: -