BigBlueButton: Old Recordings Suddenly Disappeared, New Recordings Never Appear

BigBlueButton: Old Recordings Suddenly Disappeared, New Recordings Never Appear

by Kevin Wheelock -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I have been running BBB successfully on my Moodle site for over a year, possibly longer; I have been using http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/bigbluebutton/ . It has been a terrific plugin, and really helpful for me, and for my students.

Last week my server's hard drive failed, and I had to restore from the recent backup that I fortunately had. Since then, all of my previous recordings have vanished, meaning that the entry for the every one of my previous recordings (about 30 of them) says "There are no recording for this meeting." More than that, new recordings that I (thought) I made are producing the same message. The lecture streams just fine, I have online students who see it just fine in realtime, but the lecture is not being recorded. And yes, I did have the "Session can be recorded" checkbox checked (that is my default setting for the BBB plugin).

I am also aware that the recordings go away after 14 days; however, unless my memory is failing me, I recall that the link to the recording is still visible in the BBB activity; it produces the "this recording is not available" only when that link is clicked. For me now, all of those links are gone.

I have been testing it tonight, and no recordings are happening. The only error message I have found is in the Chrome developer's console, which said that the html5 server returned a 404 (not found) error. I see nothing in my server's logfiles (I refer to the server files, not the moodle logfiles, or the BBB/RBN logfiles; I don't know where those logfiles are located.)

My version of BBB is 2.1.1 (2016051905), RecordingsBN is 1.3.0 (2016051904), Moodle 3.1.2 (build 20161027). My server is OSX Lion, running (among other things) MySQL v5.6.33 and PHP v5.6.27.

It's worth saying, maybe, that the hard drive crash/restore may not be relevant; it may only be co-incidental.

Can you suggest an approach I can take to diagnose this issue, and hopefully fix it? While it would be great to get my recordings back (the last 14 days, anyway), more important to me is to be able to make new recordings going forward.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Kevin

Average of ratings: -