Access denied for user ''@'localhost' trying to setup Moodle Mobile on Android

Access denied for user ''@'localhost' trying to setup Moodle Mobile on Android

Napisane przez: JP Caudill ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 3

Hello,

I've been trying to establish a connection to a Moodle instance from the Moodle Mobile App for Android. I kept getting the message 'We're having trouble connecting to" the instance so I enabled debugging and here is what I'm seeing in the log:

[Thu Oct 27 09:07:54.719123 2016] [:error] [pid 10015] [client :48936] PHP Warning:  mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/auuniv/domains/moodle.atlanticuniv.edu/public_html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 443

[Thu Oct 27 09:07:54.721601 2016] [:error] [pid 10015] [client :48936] PHP Warning:  mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/auuniv/domains/moodle.atlanticuniv.edu/public_html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 585

[Thu Oct 27 09:07:54.724300 2016] [:error] [pid 10015] [client :48936] Default exception handler: The username was not found in the database Debug: \nError code: usernamenotfound\n* line 180 of /login/token.php: moodle_exception thrown\n

I am puzzled why it's trying to make an anonymous connection to the database server. Am I missing something obvious?

W odpowiedzi na JP Caudill

Re: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' trying to setup Moodle Mobile on Android

Napisane przez: JP Caudill ()

Same thing also happens from the iPhone so it's not device specific and only on devices newly installed. Users who already had the app installed work fine.

W odpowiedzi na JP Caudill

Re: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' trying to setup Moodle Mobile on Android

Napisane przez: Berta Maroto ()

Hi,

Please check the FAQ to make sure you didn't miss anything: Moodle Mobile FAQ

Specially this part: "Check that the ADOdb debug option is disabled if you are using the external database auth or enrolment plugin. (In Plugins > Authentication > External database and in Plugins > Enrolment > External database)"

Cheers,

Berta