Dynamic Student Feedback

Dynamic Student Feedback

by Sumanta Ghosh -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

We need to build a few feedback forms for teachers to give feedback on students based on their observation of the student. Thus one of the main features we need is the ability for the teacher to be able to select the name of the student when filling  in the feedback. So basically first the teacher will choose the user he/she is giving feedback about and than continues to next questions. 

Now, can we achieve this with questionnaire or feedback plugin. These forms will mostly look like survey about the particular student. Teacher should only be able to select students from his own group.

The students will review this submissions once completed and than fill in their reflection on a second activity.

Please help.

Cheers,

Sumanta

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sumanta Ghosh

Re: Dynamic Student Feedback

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Once upon a time, I had to do the same thing. Instead of using Questionnaire or Feedback, I used an assignment set up as an offline activity with an advanced grading rubric or marking guide set up as the rating form. The activity was put in a category that was not counted towards their course grade.

With the activity set up as an offline one, students did not have "do" anything but were able to see my rating once I allowed them access to it. Besides rubric, I tried it a couple of times using the marking guide. I liked the marking guide more than the rubric as it allowed me to have predefined comment sentences, but it was a trade-off as to which was the easier to use. Rubric - I had to type in additional comments, but the rating scale was just a click for each criteria. Marking guide - Comment sentences could be added with just a click, but the rating scale number had to be typed in for each criteria.

It would really be nice if rubrics could be made using predefined comments, like the marking guide.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Sumanta Ghosh -

Hi Al Rachels,

I will have to admit what you suggested is very very smart for me. A quick tour shows a lot of potential . But there are many dependencies I need to check in both versions.

Many thanks,

Sumanta

In reply to AL Rachels

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Has there been a tracker for adding this to rubrics? My teachers use rubrics all the time and this would definitely streamline feedback. They prefer to add personalized feedback but there are many time when the same comment is repeated over and over. In the meantime, we use a program called Jumpcut to house copied content. 

In reply to John Provasnik

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John,

Yes, there is a tracker request for this capability, MDL-37930, that was created back on Feb. 7, 2013. It is VERY low priority and not likely to be implemented.

It can be implemented as a custom plugin so anyone is welcome to develop a new enhanced version of rubric with comments.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)