Custom Certificate Design

Re: Custom Certificate Design

by James Todd -
Number of replies: 5

The way we do it is to create an A4 jpg file with the logo at the top and signature at the bottom.

put it in the mod/certificate/pix/borders folder

The formatting and positioning is done in:

mod/certificate/type

make a copy of a folder and edit the x and y positions at the bottom of the file until your happy.

Then when creating a certificate in Moodle choose the border image in and type in design options.

Cheers Jimi

In reply to James Todd

by Hemamalini K R -

Thanks for your response James. I have done the same as you have suggeted. But struck making alignment changes. Logo should be shown @ the top center of the Certificate. If i take the logo to the top center, if face lots of alignment issues. This has become a show stopper now. Appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks in advance. 

In reply to Hemamalini K R

by James Todd -
I add the logo to the background image and add nothing but text in moodle.
In reply to Hemamalini K R

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

I looked at your code.   The solution James gave is the one I used when I first started. Keep it simple.  Create a image to print in landscape mode and another in portrait mode.  Use these images that also contain your logo and other non-text objects.

In your case, create a jpg image with your favorite editing program which has the ratio of width to height of 1.415 (maybe 1754 by 1240 pixels) for an A4 .  This is the image size for a certificate in landscape mode.  Add a border, logo, signature or other things to this image.  Print it to make sure it looks right on a piece of paper.  

I replaced Fancy1-brown.jpg border with my new one.   I changed the other lines of the code for a landscape certificate to re-position my text and text strings.  

I used the same process for an image that would be printed in portrait mode.  The A4 portrait ratio of width to height is .707 (maybe 1240 by 1754 pixels).   I replaced Fancy2-brown.jpg.   I changed the other lines of the code for a  portrait certificate.

I told my teachers which border images to use. 

I like this simple WYSIWYG approach for the two different printing orientations. The way I see my special boarder images is the way they will print.

Once this worked, I took the next step.  I figured out how my  teachers could see "Collman1-purple" as a choice along with "Fancy1-brown".   You did not ask how to do that smile

Hope this helps.  Images are always tricky in HTML or in code like this.

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Hemamalini K R -

Thanks a lot James /chris. As suggested i just changed the x& y positions of the images, without changing the code and it worked.

In reply to Chris Collman

by Hemamalini K R -

Thanks a lot James /chris. As suggested i just changed the x& y positions of the images, without changing the code and it worked.