Quizzes on moodle mobile with additional features plugin

Quizzes on moodle mobile with additional features plugin

napisao/la Mark B -
Broj odgovora: 4
Hi there,

I am using Moodle 2.6 and have been waiting for an update of the app to be released where you can attempt quizzes.  I noticed that the latest release says that quizzes on the app will only work with Moodle 3.1 and above.

There is a "Moodle Mobile Additional Features" plugin which supposedly allows you to take quizzes on your mobile phone once this is installed...however i have put this on my moodle and tried this and nothing seems to happen.  I even logged out of my account on the mobile phone, reboot my phone and log back into the app it as it advises to do in order to clear any cache on the phone, and now lets me in

The picture here https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Moodle_Mobile_features  shows that it should work

I constantly get error messages on the app saying things like "Invalid response value detected in Moodle Mobile App" as shown here when i load a quiz up:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-674

Anybody else noticed this issue?  If anybody has got quizzes working on a mobile phone through the Moodle app (with Moodle Mobile Additional Features installed) on Moodle 2.6 can you explain the steps which you took to achieve this please.

Odgovor na Mark B

Re: Quizzes on moodle mobile with additional features plugin

napisao/la Juan Leyva -
Slika Core developers Slika Moodle HQ Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers

Hi Mark,

I think that the local_mobile plugin is not correctly configured in your site, can you check in the plugin settings if all the steps have a green tick?

You have to go to Administration -> Plugins -> Local -> Moodle mobile additional features -> Check plugin settings link at the bottom

Juan

Odgovor na Juan Leyva

napisao/la Mark B -

Hi and thank you very much for the reply.  I have just tried creating a sample quiz and the same error message comes up to the one i spoke about.

My settings show ok:

StepStatusDescription
1. Enable web servicesYesWeb services must be enabled in Advanced features.
2. Enable web services for mobile devicesYesEnable mobile service for the official Moodle app or other app requesting it. For more information, read the Moodle documentation
3. Enable the Moodle Mobile additional features serviceYesThis service must be enabled.
4. Grant permissions to the authenticated user roleYesEdit the Authenticated user role and allow the capability moodle/webservice:createtoken
The app still splits out that daft error "invalid response value detected" though when i attempt any quiz.  Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Mark

Odgovor na Mark B

napisao/la Juan Leyva -
Slika Core developers Slika Moodle HQ Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Plugin developers Slika Testers

Hi,

can you verify if the local_mobile plugin version is 2014060327?
https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=11522

We published a new version of the plugin a week ago.

Juan

Odgovor na Juan Leyva

napisao/la Mark B -

Hi there,

Thank you very much; i was using version 2014060326 and upgrading to 27 seemed to do the trick for me on 2.6.  Quizzes can now been completed and submit fine with feedback showing also osmijeh

Many thanks,

Mark