Time (not just date) of course start

Time (not just date) of course start

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 0

The current weekly format does not allow one to specify the time of day of the first class. Since most of my students do not do their homework till the morning of the lesson, this means that they get confused as to which is this week's quiz.

For example, the homework for tomorrow's class is in week 5 which is from October 28 to 3 Novemeber. But most of my students will end up doing the homework tomorrow morning (especially since today is a bank holiday). So they come to the computer on the 4th and consequently look at the resources in week 6 because it is marked "4 November - 10 November."

The matter is compounded since I have made the bars around "This week" pink. Tomorrow morning it will be week 6 that is surrounded by pink bars. Okay, so I could turn off the highlighting but...

It would be great if one could set not only the start date, but also the start time of the course. That way, while the date problem would remain (there is nothing I can do about the fact that week 6 starts on the 4th of Novemeber) but the pink high lighting would at least remain on week 5 until the time of the class.

For tomorrow's class I may move the class on a day, making week 6 start on the 5th, but that may confuse them too. Umm....

BTW Moodle is making them work their goolies off. It is frighteningly successful.

Average of ratings: -