High CPU when Loading SCORM (in the deep end)

Re: High CPU when Loading SCORM (in the deep end)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

There are two approaches to your problem. First one: take the platform (hardware and all the system software) as given and to find out the one (other) piece which broke the system, then change it. Second one: Question the whole platform, find out the broken system software (combination) and change it.

As others have pointed out, your web team hasn't hit the luckiest choice. (Likely) A Windows server running VMware, and another Windows server running on top of it! For one - VMware is desktop virtualization - if Windows they should have taken either vSphere or HyperV! (Well, I am not sure what VMware product you meant. They enjoy changing the names of their products every season. ;) Second thing, Once you have a reasonable virtualization system you don't sink it with Windows! (Well, a bit of bias here. ;)

Still I would give a try to the first approach: It is cheaper and also the detective work could be exciting. Rebuilding the server is cheap for an engineer.
;)

How to start that journey is (was) documented in the header of this forum. You can revisit, only when you start a new discussion. You can simulate that by clicking the button "Add a new discussion topic", direct link https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?forum=94.

Then there is another factor: SCORM. I am not familiar with SCORM but remember seeing performance problems in the SCORM forum. You should do some reading with the help of the "Advanced search" mentioned in the header of this forum.