Assignment filters not working

Assignment filters not working

by Lynn Hadfield -
Number of replies: 3
With one of the teachers, the assignment filters don't work. At the bottom of the assignment page there is an option to filter by 'submitted', 'requires grading', etc. When the teacher attempts to apply the filter the page does not reload (like it normally would) and the filter is not applied.
AFAIK this only applies to the one teacher's assignments. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Lynn Hadfield

Re: Assignment filters not working

by Neil Stapleton -

We've experienced the same issue in 2.9.1

Like you we've narrowed it down to being related to specific users.  I have a suspicion it could also be linked to assessments that were restored from a pervious version of Moodle (2.6), but haven't been able to prove that conclusively.

We are just about to upgrade to 3.0 and are trying to recreate the conditions to be able to test whether this will still be an issue.

I've seen a few trackers related to these filters e.g. (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-48861), but nothing that seems to fit our experience of this issue.

by Neil Stapleton -

Lynn, we just cracked it.

It appears it is some kind of confusion caused by the entries for the user in the mdl_user_preferences table in the DB.

What I did was do a query for the user in question and then cleared the values for assign_filter and  flextable_mod_assign_grading.

I then got the user to login and watched the values get recreated. No thing seem to be working as normal for that user smile

So you  (or your local SQL person) runs something like this against your moodle database, it should solve it.

UPDATE [Moodle_DB].[dbo].[mdl_user_preferences]

SET value = ''

WHERE userid = [the moodle userid of the person with the issue]

AND (name = 'assign_filter' OR name = 'flextable_mod_assign_grading')

Usual caveats apply, make sure you know what you're doing and ideally do it on a test system or make a backup of your data first smile

by Mark Weldon -

Hi.

I am getting the same types of problems.

I have just started trying to use the Assignment Activity, and am very disappointed.

When I try and filter for ´Not Submitted´I get users who have submitted their Assignments.

I also keep having to click the ´Reset Filter Button´(right hand side) to try and make the filters work.

Can anyone help?

I have been using a version of Moodle 2.7, which has just been upgraded to 3.1.

Mark.