Moodle form to a PDF from a block

Moodle form to a PDF from a block

door lee kirkland -
Aantal antwoorden: 1

As the name suggest I have a quandary. I have a Moodle form that a user must fill out and submit by going to a block. It must then be approved by pre-selected users. At the end of the approval process, the form needs to be exported to PDF and then emailed to the user and to another email for documentation purposes. My question is, how can I export the Moodle form area to a PDF? 

The form is already done and is the way everyone likes it and in the format they would want the PDF to be in. So what function do I need to include to make this happen? Is there a PHP function that will take the form, and only the form, not the surrounding columns and menus and 'print' it to PDF? I have seen a html to PDF library for PHP and doesn't sound like it would work and probably more work then needed. I have the email also, and I would assume there is a way to attach the PDF to an email. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Lee 

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op lee kirkland

Re: Moodle form to a PDF from a block

door lee kirkland -

Ok, so I found the solution, I had to download a PDF generator and recreate the form as it were using the database entries and creating the layout the way I wanted it. http://www.fpdf.org/ is the product I chose to implement the PDF creation. I then put the created PDF in a directory I created in the sitedata folder so I can implement the next section. 

To email the PDF as an attachment, I use the mail_to_user implementation already shipped with the Moodle instance. Since the email requires the file to be in the sitedata directory I have to create a directory in the sitedata directory, something like block_test_EmailAttachements. The rest of the issue is simply creating the class that handles the PDF creation and a class for the email handling. I hope this helps someone else, let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -