Rubrics Grading 0 so student fails if not

Rubrics Grading 0 so student fails if not

by Garth Lategan -
Number of replies: 1

I love my rubric and would like to get a solutions to the below problem

My assessment are say 10 questions

The student has to answer all 10 question to pass

If they fail to answer question 5 for example they fail the whole test and have to do that question 5 again 

how can I represent this in Moodle rubrics  so when I give question five a 0 it give the over all assessment a 0 as well.
This way I can keep track of who still need to resubmit and also it make the student aware they need to fix something.

I often have the case where the students gets 80% which s pass and still need to do question 5 and its really hard to track

My current work around is give every question a zero

Put in the rubric score in the comment box for all the correct answers and

Then give feed back for the question 5 to submit.

Once re-subitted  I then go in and redo and click the correct rubrics square and remove the comments.

Please is there a better way

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Garth Lategan

Re: Rubrics Grading 0 so student fails if not

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Garth,

Instead of the Assignment module, you could use the Dataform module with any number of questions. Set the "grade to pass" to higher than zero. In the grade calculation you need to use a formula similar to "use the lowest" in the gradebook. If any of the questions receives a zero, this student would not pass, but you would not lose your other grades and comments. You can allow more than one attempt in Dataform. So the student would see the question that has a zero and can resubmit his/her answer.

Just my thoughts. I don't know how to set up a grade calculation with "use the lowest" and hope you will find out. 

With kind regards,

Hartmut