IOMAD system

IOMAD system

per Mark Rollins -
Nombre de respostes: 3

Hi folks,

I have a downloaded copy of the IOMAD Moodle system installed on my host

I am looking to have multi-tenancy companies but want the company staff to be able to automatically enrol onto a course with a specific company in a specific role onto a specific course or number of  courses, has anyone done a similar process?

Ie the process would be

Hosting Company (me)

Company A

Management staff can automatically enrol onto this company, and then automatically be placed on a specific course......

I was wondering if groups would be a way to do this, or will it require coding?

In anticipation of your help, thank you.

Mark

Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a Mark Rollins

Re: IOMAD system

per Derick Turner -
Imatge Core developers

Hi Mark,

there isn't anything within Iomad to automatically enrol a user into a course on self sign up.  There are some difficulties around self sign up on a multi-tennancy site in any case.  Specifically identifying which company a user is to go into.  At the moment Iomad will allow for email address domain names to be tied to a company and users to be automatically assigned the that company if the email domain matches.  This doesn't help people signing up with generic email addresses and the solution is to have a default company which they are put into.

Depending on how your courses are set up, shared, licensed and so on, automatically placing users on a course may not be what you want.  There are still self enrolment methods but this has issues with the multi-tennancy and groups and may allow users to see users from other companies.

Its certainly something which could be developed but we would need to know how you would want this to work and look like from a andmin and user point of view.

Derick

En resposta a Derick Turner

Re: IOMAD system

per Mark Rollins -

Hi Derick,

Thanks for your reply, I will have a think about it and come up with how I see the functionality I need.

But something like this:-

Hosting company has all the courses

Student X will create an account, after creating an account will by directed to courses i,ii,ii they can take under Company A under the role of eg Manager (with those permissions), Student Y with a different role but same company will be provided with Course i, iii, 

I hope this makes sense.

I have set up similar scenarios using WordPress LMS, which is more user central than course central.

I wondered if groups and enrolment keys could be the answer, but I still think it will need specific coding?

Many thanks,

Mark