MyFiles file sharing block released for 1.5

Re: MyFiles file sharing block released for 1.5

by Ger Tielemans -
Number of replies: 4
By coincedence I just saw in our version 1.4.3 that the my files block had a part of this mechanism: it offers for a resource in your folder not only the option to share a file but also to submit it as an assignment. If you click that link, you will see a drop-down box to choose..
I do not see this option (yet) in the files block for 1.5
( I also see that this my files block had the same userinterface as the old bookmark. Maybe reintegrate the bookmark option there again as a mechanism to deliver content for the user files block?
With bookmark the student can place a private note on every Moodle page.
(When you hover over the thumb in the navigation bar in student view AND there is alreade a page note, a yellow pop-up screen would be a nice extension.. smile

Attached is the code for my bookmark reanimation in 1.5.3, just upload the old bookmark in the root, then do not follow the old install instructions, just use the attached leaflet. You end up with a stand alone bookmark /yellow pages for students and you can paste the link in any block you wish: I did it in the Humboldt course menu block

I pasted a second bookmark link in the calendar block, followed  by the my files block: then the student has all his notes together: time-related private calender notes, page related private bookmark notes and the (shared) files and weblinks...   
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: MyFiles file sharing block released for 1.5-HELP WITH DOWNLOAD

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi Ger,

I have File Manager 1.5 working.

You have mentioned  to load the old book mark into the root and then make changes.

Where do I get to download the old bookmark for use as suggested.?

And also what will be the root.?

Sorry if I sound a little raw I am new here.

Thanks

Garry

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi Ger,

Shall be grateful for the old bookmark Link.

THe bookmark is a very good feature and I recommend it to all.

Sorry for the trouble .

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Darrin Jackson -
just found this post. if you are still looking , the old bookmark can be found on cvs.