2.5.3 Assignment Grouping Help

2.5.3 Assignment Grouping Help

by Scott Summers -
Number of replies: 1

I have three assignments that fifteen classes have to do. Each class has its own deadline date.

I have set up the groups and groupings as well as given each user a custom field with their class name in it. I know how to restrict everything to show only their assignments but am wondering whether the community can help me with this final issue I'm facing.

Since there are fifteen of each assignment, I am getting fifteen of each assignment in the gradebook. I know each assignment is different according to Moodle, but is there are way to get each class' results automatically into the same column in the gradebook. We use grade items in another location, but I don't want to use them here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Summers

Re: 2.5.3 Assignment Grouping Help

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I am just getting into Groups/Groupings so this might be a weak suggestion.

I have only two courses by group and have organized my grade book using color coding for the names of assignments.  There is an HTML setting in the System Admin and HTML code to be placed in the Additional HTML area.  From there, each name of an assignment has the HTML color code to separate them visually.

If anything in there sounds as if it might help you, then let me know.  I can send you my notes.

OADN, Have you considered setting up grading categories.  This would give you sections in which you can set for them. 

I suspect you want to use Group or Grouping names to gather them but if it is there, it is out of my league.