MultiLanguage Filter and theme

Re: MultiLanguage Filter and theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry Mary but the value of the $format parameter is 'true' here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/MOODLE_28/layout/includes/marketingspots.php#L42 - thus with strict type evaluation that line would not be executed.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It is more in-depth that I thought.  I am going to put this on the back burner.  I really want to keep this theme as simple as possible.  If someone works out a way to do it and shares the code I'd gladly implement this.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

@Gareth,

How did we get it fixed when there was a query with the Aardvark's snow alert? I am sure it was all about adding the text_format or html_format or some other format. From memory I think it was Marina who point you in the right direction and you fixed it....posibly in Shoehorn???

Also from memory it was NOT the Multi lang filter you had to use but rather change language and added the translation as a setting that went into the database.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

@Mary,

Oh ok.  I think at one point there was a solution whereby the setting name was postfixed by the current language, but that meant you had to be in the language to enter the text of that language.  The standard multi-lang functionality was not used.  And I do indeed remember something about the output stripping the multi-lang tags but I thought that was an inadvertent issue with Essential that was fixed.

I now think the best solution is to have a horizontal block area, then you can just use highly configurable blocks (including HTML) to have multi-lang and indeed the ability for the user to upload and insert images.

G

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks for your reply Gareth,

I think you are right as it is easier to add a block region as it gives Admin users the capability to be able to customise the area using a HTML block.

Cheers

Mary