Upgraded Moodle and PoodLL filter, PoodLL stopped working

Re: Upgraded Moodle and PoodLL filter, PoodLL stopped working

by Paul Nijbakker -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the quick action. The updated filter restores the Poodll recorders in Atto and TinyMCE and elsewhere. Recording video (Flash or MP4) does not succeed though. I still have to check if that is a local issue.

Rgrds,
Paul.

In reply to Paul Nijbakker

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Paul, I tested today on a Moodle 2.9 install and while there are still issues with the whiteboards,  the recorders should be ok. Perhaps the error is to do with settings or networking? 

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Blair Roy -

Hi,

We installed PoodLL after upgrading to Moodle 2.9. Audio is working well but we are having trouble with the video recording and upload

1. The first time I record video on a computer, it works great. This has been the same for 3 users at 3 different locations. Any browser works.
  2. The second time I try, I can record but it never finishes the upload process...if I let the computer sit, the uploading spinner just continues to spin but never completes, no matter how long or short the video is. We are all selecting .mp4 as video output.
  3. I moved the PoodLL filter above multimedia plugins when I did the installation. I have read that the text cache lifetime is no longer an issue for 2.9.1 (Build 20150806) I purged all caches today but to no avail. 
  4. I have searched high and low for others with this issue and this is the only one I have seen with a similar video recording issue.

Thank you for any suggestions you can send my way.

Blair

In reply to Blair Roy

by Justin Hunt -

There seems to be an issue with tokyo.poodll.com. I am working on it, but for now the best "fix" is to not convert to mp4 and to not auto generate a snapshot thumbnail. ie you should turn those off in PoodLL filter settings.

J

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Justin Hunt -

Actually can you just confirm that the problem still exists? I was able to reproduce it the other day, but not today. Today it is working as expected.

J