Talis Aspire Reading List Plugin

Talis Aspire Reading List Plugin

by Tina Rowe -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

We have this readinglist software and are currently using the Lancaster Plugin in Moodle.  our Librarians have requested that we look at the Talis made plugin which can be seen here: 

it appears to be some kind of LTI integration.

Talis have an article about it here: http://knowledge.talis.com/articles/tarl-lti/

and the code is here: https://github.com/talis/aspire-moodle-integration

worryingly not at moodle.

So do any of you have any experience with this?

Thanks

Tina 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tina Rowe

Re: Talis Aspire Reading List Plugin

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

We've just added the block to our Moodle site, but don't yet have it connected to any courses with reading lists in our library - Our situation being that the university is still going through a merger process of combining both Library and VLE systems from two former institutions.

The block appears to work (I believe at the moment we have the 2.4 block rather than the LTI integration) - to the extent that it doesn't crash my Moodle site and so far the responses I've had from queries with Talis themselves have been handled quite quickly.

Would love to hear feedback from yourself or other users as to how they have found it too!

In reply to Tina Rowe

Re: Talis Aspire Reading List Plugin

by Tim Hodson -

Hi Tina, Richard,

The plugin in the video is indeed a wrapper around an LTI integration which is on it's way out of a pilot at the moment, and is currently considered 'beta' by Talis. Therefore it is not yet registered in Moodle.org. However, this will be happening over the coming weeks.

I can assure you that the code you have found in that GitHub repo is supported by Talis.

The Lancaster mod_aspirelist plugin is not supported by Talis.

If you want to get early access to the LTI integration to try it out in your test moodle system, then please do let me know by raising a support ticket at support.talisaspire.com.

I'm happy to answer any questions about this that you may have.

Thanks

Tim 

---

Tim Hodson - Technical Consultant - Talis Education Ltd