PDF files and IE

Re: audio files playing in the browser

by Eric Hagley -
Number of replies: 0
I'm not sure that it  does. The mp3 that I uploaded earlier to this thread also does not play in the browser but rather asks me for whether I want to open it with.. or save it to disc. Previously when I clicked it to open in a new tab, it would do so. Now when I click it I'm asked to choose open with an application or save to disc. So it is not only my site.Again, I know that I can put a flash player in. My problem is that students are uploading mp3 files and I want other students to listen to these and reply to them in audio. If students are uploading the mp3s to a forum my understanding is that unless I allow them to embed (by changing the allowobjectembed in variables to yes) they won't be able to do so, but that if I do allow them to embed they will be able to see the files I have on the site (something I don't want them to be able to do!)
It is much slower to open all the files with an application.
I want students to be able to listen quickly to all the submissions to a forum. If they can open them in the browser this becomes possible. Sorry to keep bugging you all, but if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Eric Hagley