SCORM Package - undefined offset error

autor Luke Baker -
Počet odpovedí: 13

Environment:
Moodle 2.5.2+
SCORM 1.2
Authoring-Software: Articulate Studio

Error:
Some SCORM-Packages don't start from one day to the next. Please find attached the Screenshot.
We haven't changed any server or activities settings.

previous attempts to solve this issue:

1. Imported package in other course with and without user data
  2. cleared moodle cache

Does anybody have tipps or hints concerning this error?

Best regards,
Luke

Príloha 000527-https___elearning.hartlauer.at_mod_scorm_player.php.png
Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Luke Baker

Re: SCORM Package - undefined offset error

autor Dan Marsden -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers Obrázok: Plugins guardians Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators

Moodle 2.5.2 is quite an old release and contains a number of known issues related to SCORM. The 2.5 branch itself is no longer supported either.

You should upgrade to a more recent stable supported release.

V odpovedi na Dan Marsden

autor Scott Karren -

Luke and Dan,

I am using Moodle 2.6.6+ and am experiencing the same errors. This started happening after we upgraded our Articulate software to Update 5.  Luke, what version of Studio are you using?

Scott

V odpovedi na Scott Karren

autor Luke Baker -

@Dan:
We are preparing the update Úsmev, but unfurtunatly it always takes some time.

@Scott:
Thanks, for your tip. I had articulate studio version 6.3.

After your hint i updated with  articulate studio update 10.

First Module:
I published the learning module once again and updated it in moodle - now it works.

Second Module:
I published the module once again and updated it in moodle - quiz started, but now i saw only the loading icon. I think the quiz project is broken, because the error also happend if i started the quiz local on my pc. Then i updated the quiz with the previous version - and now this module is also running fine.

V odpovedi na Luke Baker

autor Scott Karren -

Hmmm... This is interesting.  We are using Articulate Studio 13 update 5 and I didn't start seeing these errors until after I updated Articulate. 

What you are saying is that you were experiencing these errors before you updated (since you say you updated to update 10 I am assuming you are using Articulate Studio 09) but the errors disappeared after you updated, is that correct?

Scott

autor Matteo Scaramuccia -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers

Hi Scott,
you could share here only the imsmanifest.xml file to understand why Moodle considers it bad enough to break on launching the player.

HTH,
Matteo

V odpovedi na Matteo Scaramuccia

autor Scott Karren -

Matteo,

That's the funny thing, the file appears to run just fine.  I have attached the manifest file and below are the php errors that I get.

[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1557
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1557
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1584
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1584
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1585
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: usertracks in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1509
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:27 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1789
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1557
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1557
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1584
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1584
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1585
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: usertracks in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1509
[22-Jan-2015 17:47:28 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in C:\WWWstage\WWW\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 1789

Thanks for your help on this.

Scott

autor Luke Baker -

Hi Scott,

we are using Articulate Studio 09 and the errors dissapeared after the update to Studio 09 Update 10.

Unfortunately, this issue is already closed:
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-43517

Before i solved the error, i also noticed that the supposed broken scorm package is working fine, if i created the activity once again new. But in my case i didn't want to loose the tracking data and so an update of the scorm package was the only acceptable solution for me.

Luke

autor Azmat Ullah -
Hi Dan,

I've upgraded Moodle 2.6 to 2.8 and I'm also getting same error only on one scorm package.

Regards,
Azmat
V odpovedi na Azmat Ullah

autor Dan Marsden -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Peer reviewers Obrázok: Plugin developers Obrázok: Plugins guardians Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators

Hi Azmat, 

can you please provide more information? - usually the full error string will mention line numbers and other related information.

autor Doug Swenson -

Dan,

You asked Azmat for the error log - below is mine. Can you assist in this matter? We have 21 SCORM modules that are loaded and all work after upgrading from 2.6 to 2.8 except 1. I have republished the module and get the same results. I have compared the manifest files to the working ones and see nothing different that is not related to the module name or files specific to that module.

Doug

[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1608
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1608
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1635
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1635
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1636
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: usertracks in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1560
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1844
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1608
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1608
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1635
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1635
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1636
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: usertracks in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1560
[14-Apr-2015 07:17:55 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1950

V odpovedi na Azmat Ullah

autor Doug Swenson -

Azmat,

I am having this issue as well. Republish did not solve the issue. Did you find a solution?

Doug

V odpovedi na Doug Swenson

autor Doug Swenson -

We have resolved this issue. Not sure why the difference in 2.5 and 2.8, but our issue was the manifest contained an "&" that was stopping the manifest from ever loading all the way. Once we edited the mdl_scorm_scoes table entries to remove the "&" everything worked again.

Warning: if you update your imsmanifest.xml file and update the Scorm activity it will erase all past data. This is why I recommend editing the database directly.

Hope this helps.

Doug

V odpovedi na Luke Baker

autor Alexander Mamonov -

Have the same problem now

Package scorm build in Websoft CourceLab 2.7

Scorm 1.2 

Created fresh moodle 2.9 without any modifications

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1625

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1625
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1652
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1652
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1653
Notice: Undefined variable: usertracks in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1573
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/......../moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1861

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code from moodle/mod/scorm/locallib.php on line 1625:

for ($i = 0; $i <= $level; $i++) {
$prevparent = '';
foreach ($final[$i] as $ident => $sco) { //line 1625
if (empty($prevparent)) {
$prevparent = $ident;
}
if (!isset($final[$i][$prevparent]->children)) {
$final[$i][$prevparent]->children = array();
}
if ($sco->parent == $prevparent) {
$final[$i][$prevparent]->children[] = $sco;