open source dictionary / thesauruses / grammer

open source dictionary / thesauruses / grammer

by ryan sanders -
Number of replies: 0

looking for open source dictionary. that has the extras, it may not need to be fully populated with information. but enough to get started. 

i do not need a website that i can goto and use. i need the database data / files themselves. so as to download and install like a plugin into moodle. where all information is stored locally within moodle database, and within moodle plugin files. 

something that deals with 

• mis-spellings
  • notation of verb, noun's, etc....
  • amount of constants, amount of vowels. etc...
  • if word has "plural" abilities.. then have it as a separate listing, but a column that Identifies the other (singular / plural form of the word) 
  • prefer something multi language
  • would prefer everything to have it's own database table (spread sheet column) in separating stuff out. for word, definition, and other info (including above)
  • would be nice to have a thesaurus, like ability as well.  
  • it would be nice if there was some "translation" to/from different languages. 

some additional extras....

• database notation word is suitable for first graders, 2nd graders, and so on and so forth.  and perhaps broken down a bit further. into semesters or some other sort of classification...
it might be worth while. to merge a few open source projects together... as far as data they have in there open source database.  in that regards i am more interested in a better overall functionality vs how full the database is with info of different dictionary terms / words, thesaurus notations, references between different languages. 

Average of ratings: -