We're considering the linux migration. Our first step is to try MySQL on Windows. This dept is too small to administer a linux server by our lonesome, but will do it as a final move. Right now our IT dept handles Microsoft Administration.
- Is it the case for all courses?
It is the case for almost all courses. It seemed hit and miss at first.
- Are they big (which size)?
The sizes of the courses that don't work have no pattern for filesize. ranging anywhere from a mere 9mb to 50-100+mb
- What is/are the error(s) you encounter when trying to update?
No errors other than the IIS
500 error with a timeout on FastCGI. Nothing in PHP error log, nothing else from PHP error output. This is with all debugging mode turned on in moodle. All errors showing in PHP.ini. all error showing in IIS settings.
- Have you tried upgrading via CLI?
Yep, no dice.
- Have you some non standard modules?
Nothing out of the ordinary. nothing developed in-house yet.