error during install

error during install

د Przemyslaw Stencel لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 6
So far I've been testing the glossary on my 'testing' installation. Now I've decided to add it to my live course site (Moodle 1.1.1 - 2003091000). However, when setting up the tables, I got the following error:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''0', PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='all glossary entries'' at line 1

This happened while executing (mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_glossary_entries
د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: error during install

د Bill White لخوا -
Przemyslaw

This isn't a reply in a sense, but I have had the same problem when I tried to upgrade to 1.2. So I went back to 1.1.1 and still had the same error. Could this be a bug? I am not a PHP programmer, so I wouldn't know where to look.
Here is my post in Installation forum

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2761

But still waiting for some guru to help out.

TA,
Bill

In reply to Bill White

It seems something has changed over the last few days. The error occurred when installing glossary module dated Sept 29. However, I kept the full install of moodle-latest dev version dated Sept 22, so I extracted glossary from that one and the install went smoothly.

I hope this will help you, Will. موسکا
In reply to Bill White

د Martin Dougiamas لخوا -
د Core developers انځور د Documentation writers انځور د Moodle HQ انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Testers انځور
There was a little typo in mod/glossary/db/mysql.sql

This line:

sourceglossaryid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL '0',

should be:

sourceglossaryid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',

Drop all your glossary tables, erase the glossary line from the "modules" table, and then revisit the admin page to reinstall.

Note this is 1.2 development so bugs are to be expected.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Thanks! موسکا

I've spent the last half an hour playing Sherlock Holmes and trying to find the reason (I know virtually nothing about php). When I finally found and corrected it, I came here to post the solution (and I must tell you that I was reaaaaly proud of myself منظورول ) - only to find that instead of wasting half an hour of my time I could've waited 5 minutes for you to post your reply! wink
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

د Bill White لخوا -
Thanks Martin,

That was the trick. Appreciate all the help and work you have done. I hope to get my Jr. College on to moodle for the next school year.

Cheers,
Bill