required parent question showing up with intermittent empty responses

required parent question showing up with intermittent empty responses

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle 2.6.4
Mysql 5.5
Questionnaire version 2014041801
Questionnaire instance is set to Respond many, allow branching questions Yes, and separate groups.

My site has a questionnaire doing what should be impossible.  The first question is a required response.  The user selects his/her school from a drop-down.  After answering, the user is taken to a school specific question depending on the response from question 1.  The second question ask the respondent to pick from a list names that are school site specific.  If the respondent chooses School A in question 1, he she see a list of School A names in question 2.

Out of the 637 responses, four show no data for the first question, but the remainder of the questions have been answered.  Since question 1 is required, it should be impossible to skip it and get to the subsequent branches.  Also, the second question where a name is chosen is correct for the school that the respondent should have selected.  Somewhere, that Q1 response is getting lost.  Has anyone encountered anything like this.

Since the questionnaire is set to separate groups, it has been easy to see which school should have been selected in the responses with missing data.  I have also logged in as the four users with problem responses, and cannot duplicate the issue.  I have tried selecting the school and then going back and de-selecting it, but it give me the "Response required" message that is expected.

Average of ratings: -