Windows Phone App with shibboleth - No browser window

Windows Phone App with shibboleth - No browser window

de Rainer Schaufelberger -
Número de respuestas: 6

Hi

I downloaded the new app for Windows Phone. We use shibboleth authentication at our Moodle-Site.

The problem is that I don't get a browser window to log in. It works perfectly with the Android-app.

Any ideas?

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Rainer Schaufelberger

Re: Windows Phone App with shibboleth - No browser window

de Juan Leyva -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Moodle HQ Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers

Hi Rainer,

let me ask the windows developers, I don't maintain the app for that platform

Cheers, Juan

En respuesta a Juan Leyva

de Juan Leyva -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Moodle HQ Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers

Hi,

unfortunately, it seems that the base framework we use for the app (Phonegap/Cordova) doesn't support custom URL schemes in Windows 8 and Windows 8 apps

I've updated the docs:

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features

And I'm going to create an issue to evaluate alternatives ways for doing SSO in Windows apps

Cheers, Juan

En respuesta a Juan Leyva

de Paul Raper -

Me too.

Paul

En respuesta a Paul Raper

de Ben Clossfield -

I also had this problem. And It works perfectly with the android-app and iPhone app.  I conected with my support team from Intellectsoft UK. They gave a full information about this. I am reading now and hope to find sollution.

En respuesta a Ben Clossfield

de Juan Leyva -

Hi,

the main problem is that the Phonegap plugin we used for handling custom URL schemes doesn't support Windows Phone 8 devices.

If anyone is willing to contribute, he can add support for WP8 improving this plugin:

https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/LaunchMyApp-PhoneGap-Plugin

Cheers, Juan