Moodle 1.5.1 Released!

Moodle 1.5.1 Released!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 0
I know, I know what you're thinking. "Moodle 1.5.1? Where was Moodle 1.5? I never saw it announced!"

Well, Moodle 1.5 was released in a slight rush just as I headed out on a world tour about a month ago (more about all this in my next post!), so there was never a formal announcement of it. surprise Just as well, really, as we since found a number of small bugs which are fixed in Moodle 1.5.1. big grin So without further ado, here is the official announcement of the Moodle 1.5 series!

Moodle 1.5(.1)We are proud to present you with this major new release! As the culmination of over 9 months of work since Moodle 1.4, Moodle 1.5 is absolutely packed with wonderful new features and improvements at the display level and at a structural level. To read about them all, see the Moodle 1.5 Release Notes, and as usual, downloads are available from the Moodle download page.

Warning: For the first time in our history, this release is not a completely seamless upgrade from older versions of Moodle, because so much has changed with Themes and Blocks.
  1. If you are using a custom theme in Moodle 1.4 and you are upgrading to Moodle 1.5, you should be prepared to recreate your theme using our new themes system designed for accessibility and flexibility. We will have a complete HOWTO soon, but in the meantime visit the Themes forum for help or just look at the new themes for examples.
  2. If you are using custom blocks from Moodle 1.4 you may need to rewrite them or get new versions from the authors for Moodle 1.5. See the Blocks forum for more details and help.
Work is already proceeding on Moodle 1.6 and Moodle 2.0, so keep an eye on us!