bootstrapbase or Clean theme

bootstrapbase or Clean theme

by John Banner -
Number of replies: 5

Where are the styles for max-width pulled from that other themes inherit?

I need to change the max-width from 1680px to either 1920px or 100%

Is there any issues with using 100% in this style,

.container-fluid {

max-width: 100% or should I use 1920px?

Is there a reason why it is fixed at max-width 1680px?

Reason being, most if not all of our Monitors/Devices have a resolution of 1920x1080 so Moodle itself only uses 80% of the available space and our faculty have been inquiring. I was just going to override that style to either 100% or 1920px so that it uses the full screen.

Any other places this needs to be changed?

Thanks,

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Banner

Re: bootstrapbase or Clean theme

by David Bezemer -

Just go for https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_essential and never look back.

Without any change to the code you can select the width for your Moodle directly from the settings.

In reply to David Bezemer

by John Banner -

It is a nice theme but way too much for us, Our students/faculty/staff never see the frontpage or login pages. Ours is force login and directly to my home.

I cloned parts from Marys Tiny theme, Clean, and Aardvark a while back and adjusted the layout so that the blocks and course content are adjustable using percentages. I was just wondering about the full page itself.

I think having a max-width though defeats the purpose of being responsive as after a certain size screen it no longer adjusts.

Thanks for your recommendation, if we ever move from force login/my home then it is something we might look at.

John

In reply to John Banner

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John, the setting for the max-width is in Bootstrapbase but you can override it in the Clean Theme or More theme by adding the following in the Custom CSS setting...

You could try...

.container-fluid {
    max-width: 96%;
    margin: 0 2%;
}

or

.container-fluid {
    max-width: 1920px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

or adjust to suit your preference.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John Banner -

Thanks! I am currently overriding using the above percentage directly in Moodle. I will update our CSS as soon as I check all the other monitor sizes!

Looks nice on our 24" monitors now, full width

John