Plugin to convert text plain to rich HTML in email welcome message

Plugin to convert text plain to rich HTML in email welcome message

by Nella E. -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to customise the welcome message email sent by Moodle to a new user enrolled.

I can't find the way to get an html output, adding some html code. I think it doesn't support.

Is there any plugin or any form to convert the plain text to a basic rich HTML text? I need to use some bold format there and change the size font.

Thank you!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nella E.

Re: Plugin to convert text plain to rich HTML in email welcome message

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Nella,

The Moodle Language Customization is what you need. Documentation is here: http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Language_customization

When you go to Site administration > Language > Language customisation you will need to set/select Filter strings > to one of the enroll methods. Then in the, Only strings containing box, type a word or two from the current message that you are wanting to replace. Make your desired changes, then save them.

For instance, self enrolled students will get a message that has the word welcome in it. So in Show strings of these components, select enrol_self.php. The type welcome in the Only strings containing box, then click Show strings. You should get this:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Nella E. -
Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I made the changes in the moodle.php core in the language settings. Is not the problem to customise the text, but to give it some format like bold text to emphasize a word.

I use the manual enrolment. And when I upload a list of users with CVS, enrolling them in a course, they receive an email with the new user account welcome message.

The problem basically is to put some bold text in the message with html code (<strong> or <b>).

Any idea?

In reply to Nella E.

by rob jephcote -

Hi Nella,

Did you work out how to so this?  I am trying to do the same thing and cant find the answer

thanks

Rob