Allocated Marking

Re: Allocated Marking

by Joanna Beaver -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Emma. That makes sense. I wasn't sure why the permission to access all groups was suggested for students as it seems to work fine without it unless it was used in a different context.  

smile

In reply to Joanna Beaver

by Joanna Beaver -

Hi 

I wondered if you could shed any light on an issue I am having with the assignment groups. 

I have set up the system and tested it, and all works perfectly using test users. When using 'real' NE tutors, some receive the emails and others do not. 

I cannot understand it. 

I have checked the permissions and all are permitted to receive email notifications for assignment submissions. I have checked their preferences and email notification of submissions is checked. 

Out of 9 NE tutors - each tested individually, 6 received the notifications, 3 did not. I was added as a 2nd NE tutor on all of the 9 tests, and received all notifications. The system logs say that the email has being sent to these NE tutors, but they advise they have not received it. 

If it was not working for anyone I would think it an issue with the set-up, but since it works for some and not others I am unsure what is going on? 

Does anybody have any ideas on what I should test next, or what it might be?

Any help appreciated!

Jo

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have they checked spam folders (or in the case of Google, the promotions.social tabs of the inbox too) Are they all using the same kind of email account (ie is it all an institutional email, or are some on institutional emails, som on yahoo, msn, google, etc) and if not is there any commonality.

It may not relate to any of those things, but at least you can then cross them off the possibilities list smile

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Joanna Beaver -

Thanks for your suggestions Richard. There is no commonality with the email accounts; some organisational, some hotmail, etc. I have tried a test user with a hotmail account and received them fine. I am really err'ing towards it not being a moodle system issue but am unsure how to 'prove' that.

Would it be the case that if it appears in the report logs that an email has been sent, that I can rest assured that an email has been sent? Or is there something that could happen after that (within Moodle) which may be blocking it from being received by the NE tutor? In all cases the logs indicate that an email has been sent. 

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If its in the logs as being sent, then Moodle has definitely sent it (as I understand it anyway!)

That does not prove however that the emails left your email system as that would be a separate entity from Moodle itself.

If the Moodle logs are saying it was sent, there should be logs on your email server that also say it went out from there, so that's probably the next step in the chain to check.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Dilmini Karunaratne -

I followed the discussion and found it very useful. I wonder whether you have a solution to the problem I have faced. I want to have double marking for all the assignment in my course. I couldn't figure out how to do it. Is there a solution? Really appreciate your help.