Theme Advice

Re: Theme Advice

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It depends on what you mean by BUGS? A lot of the problems faced by Essential were in Moodle. These have been fixed.  As far as I know all the problems people reported in Essential have been fixed in the latest version of Essential. DOWNLOAD ESSENTIAL ZIP

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Theme Advice

by Nano A -

@ Mary:  Thanks for your reply.

I have been thinking of doing this for a while now, so I have subscribed to this thread to 'listen' to the conversation, and I saw lots of comments about these 2 themes.  I haven't read them all, but it's good to know that most were related to moodle and fixed.

Thanks for the link. smile

@Harmut:  I didn't think about it like that but I appreciate your input.  I am very visually oriented so I'm drawn to both themes.  I think Elegance looks nicer, but this is relative... maybe it is because I looked at essential for longer and Elegance is fresher.  But I understand your advice and it makes sense to go that way.  (although I really like Elegance more! hehehe)

@Julian:  Hey Julian, thanks for stepping in too.  Thanks for both contributions, both themes look really nice.  Really appreciate your work.  smile)

I'm also entertaining the idea of hiring a dev to maintain it in the future (if needed)...so my question is:  Based on your experience designing these themes, do you think that a web designer with no Moodle specific knowledge can maintain these themes in the future?