Sql Querie from a variable

Sql Querie from a variable

από Ricardo Godinho -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 9

Hello, I have an array of usernames and i want to see the id's they correspond to. I've done this:

$sql="SELECT u.id AS userid
FROM {user} u
WHERE u.username IN('".implode(',',$results)."')";
$userids = $DB->get_records_sql($sql);
echo $userids;

EDIT: Not getting a syntax error anymore, but prints the word Array on my page.

Cheers,

Ricardo Godinho

Συνημμένο sqlquery.jpg
Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε Ricardo Godinho

Re: Sql Querie from a variable

από Tim Hunt -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Documentation writers Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers Φωτογραφία Peer reviewers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

Do you know what SQL injection is? (http://xkcd.com/327/)

Use $DB->get_in_or_equals.

Σε απάντηση σε Tim Hunt

από Davo Smith -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers Φωτογραφία Peer reviewers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

Or, in this case

$userids = $DB->get_records_list('user', 'username', $results, '', 'id');

Σε απάντηση σε Davo Smith

από Ricardo Godinho -

Still the same result.It's really strange, it is as if my array was empty, but if I echo it before the query, i get the expected usernames. $dataClip contains usernames from an url xml(after the processing of simpleXMLElement ) and $allUsers has all usernames of Moodle. 

$results=array_intersect((array)$dataClip,(array)$allUsers);  

echo implode('<br/>',$results);  I get 3 usernames.

After the query and using var_dump($userids) I get nothing.  Array(0) {}

από Ricardo Godinho -

So, after some tinkering, if i pass the usernames directly, it works.   I get the ids of a.cabral and a.maia.   d.mateus not registered. Why doesn't work with the array, if the same usernames are there?

$sql="SELECT u.id AS userid
FROM {user} u
WHERE u.username IN('a.cabral','a.maia','d.mateus')";
$userids = $DB->get_recordset_sql($sql);
foreach ($userids as $ids) {

$userid = $ids->userid;

echo $userid.'<br/>';
}

Re: Sql Query from a variable

από Ricardo Godinho -

I found  out that moodle doesn't recognize  usernames without apostrophes. Doing this query is the right way to go:

$usernames = array('username1','username2',...);
list($usernamewhere, $usernameparams)= $DB->get_in_or_equal($usernames, SQL_PARAMS_NAMED,'username');
$sql ="SELECT u.id AS userid, u.username
        FROM {user} u
        WHERE u.username {$usernamewhere}";
$users = $DB->get_records_sql($sql, $usernameparams);
foreach($users as $user){ echo $user->userid .' - '. $user->username .'<br />';}

But since my resulting array can have different values/size, it's not pratical at all. So, before the query, I have this  

function apply_quotes($item){return"'".mysql_real_escape_string($item)."'";}

$dataClip=array_map("apply_quotes",$dataClip);
$allUsers=array_map("apply_quotes",$allUsers);
$results=array_intersect((array)$dataClip,(array)$allUsers);

Changing my query to this, gives me no output. Can anyone help me?

list($usernamewhere, $usernameparams)= $DB->get_in_or_equal($results, SQL_PARAMS_NAMED,'username');
$sql ="SELECT u.id AS userid, u.username
        FROM {user} u
        WHERE u.username {$usernamewhere}";
$users = $DB->get_records_sql($sql, $usernameparams);
foreach($users as $user){ echo $user->userid .' - '. $user->username .'<br />';}

από Davo Smith -
Φωτογραφία Core developers Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers Φωτογραφία Peer reviewers Φωτογραφία Plugin developers

I don't understand why you're applying quotes to each element in your user array.

Surely you don't actually have any users in your database who have the username:

'username1'

with the quotes included? Surely you want to be searching for usernames like:

username1

without the quotes (which is what your original, working, code does)?

I don't understand what you mean by 'resulting array can have different values/size, it's not pratical at all' - do you mean that you want to get a subset of elements? In which case, there are built-in limit and limitfrom params to get_records_sql:

$DB->get_records_sql($sql, $usernameparams, [offset of first record to return], [number of records to return]);

Alternatively, you could use an array_intersect to remove some of the users from the original list (but without also doing the mysql_escape or adding extra quotes to them).

Σε απάντηση σε Davo Smith

από Ricardo Godinho -

I wanted to apply quotes because I was led to believe, from my previous code, that usernames on Moodle would be only recognized with quotes. I asked this question on stackoverflow.com concerning the origins of my syntax error and that was the answer i got. Here is a excerpt :

" {} is specific to Moodle, it replaces the table name with the full table name - database + prefix.

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Data_manipulation_API#moodle_database::get_records_sql.28.29

$DB->get_records_sql() returns an array of objects

For the original question, you are getting a syntax error because the usernames are not enclosed in quotes. "

And then he proceeds with the query.

What I mean by "resulting array vary in values/size" is because the information( students) I extract from my campus Information System may vary according to the course. After the intersection i may get 20 matches, or 100, or 200. Depends on the size of the course.

So, to summarize, what I ultimately want to do is to enable a teacher to click an Item on his course Admin Block and mass enroll students from our SIS without any UI. That runs a script. The script communicates with an url of my campus Information system to extract usernames( non quoted). I cross match them to the totality of moodle user's database( array_intersect). And now, since the enrollment is based on Id's, with the usernames i have, I want to know the corresponding Id to each username from that resulting array, and finally, enroll them.