Web conferencing plugins

Moodle BBB plugin can't work

Picture of tim chan
Moodle BBB plugin can't work

Hello, I have installed moodle (2.5x) and BBB plugin (2013110100). But the bbb activity of my server cannot work. It means that the BBB activity cannot redirect to the test-install server (http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/bigbluebutton/), it just shows a blank window. I have checked the setting (url and salt) is correct. Also, I have ssh into my server to test (make a quick call ) to the test-install server, I can receive a api file (with "sucess" wording) to my server.
What is the problems? is it need some corrections in the plugin code? and how to correct it?
I hope someone can help me please.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English

Tim Chan

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jesus Federico
Re: Moodle BBB plugin can't work

Hi again Tim,

I gave you this advice before:

-------------

Two suggestions.
Activate the "Debug messages", ALL or DEVELOPER will give you a good idea about what is going on. Perhaps is something you can fix on your own or it can give us more information to help you.

Two, In most of the cases the problem is communication between servers. You probably already did this test, but the recomendation is to run on your moodle server (assuming it is a linux/unix one)

wget http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/bigbluebutton/api -O - --quiet; echo

--------------

Did you do this? what was the result you got?

It is really hard to help you if you don't provide more information.

Jesus Federico

Picture of tim chan

hello, Jesus

Thank you for your idea.  Then I try them.

1) I have activated the "Debug messages" (administrator in Settings > Site administration > Development > Debugging) . But nothing to be observed in the window while I click the BBB activity links. (Actually, I don't know where to see the error/bug messages....I just looking on the redirect window......which is still blank!!)

2) I use a software called PuTTY to remote my moodle server to do the test with your command code (wget http://test-install.blindsidenetworks.com/bigbluebutton/api -O - --quiet; echo), the result is shown in the attached picture.

Do you know what is the problem?

Thank you very much 

Tim Chan

Humm!, the communication between servers looks good. But we still don't have enough data to tell what the problem is.

Can you try joining the meeting by using Firefox/Firebug. You should have a response like the one in the image attached. Obviously you won't because you are not getting redirected but I'd like to see at what point your request is getting stuck.

Also, if you can give a right click on the page and post the source html you have in that page that could give us an idea of what is going on.

An finally, would you be comfortable giving me access to your Moodle front end. If you so, please send me a DM.

Picture of tim chan

hello, Jesus

Ok...I have installed the firebug. But I think I need to learn about what is the meanings of the code inside that firebug window. (Haha! It is so complicated to me.)

Also, I have upload some attached pictures. It may give you some idea to find out my problems.

I have sent you my website information.

Thank you very much !

Hi Tim,

What I meant is that you showed me the code for the page with the error. But no worries I got it now.

<!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->

This is an issue associated with your hosting provider, not BigBlueButton, test-install nor the plugin by itself. It seems that the webserver is configured to prevent any internal redirect to other server. Not sure if is something you can fix or you will need help from your provider.

Besides there are plenty of cases documented out there about BlueHost practices. I would recommend you to change your provider for a better one. If you are looking for one non-expensive I would say you better go with go daddy http://www.godaddy.com/, they won't take out the functionality you need now.

Regards,

Jesus Federico

Picture of tim chan

Thank again Jesus

Wow.....I will move to godaddy tomorrow....HAHA....

Thank you very much!

Tim