Your thoughts on the Learn Moodle 'Teaching with Moodle' course

Re: Your thoughts on the Learn Moodle 'Teaching with Moodle' course

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. All the videos are available on our HQ Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/moodlehq and you can still view the course in read-only format.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cheryl Cox -

Hi Mary, 

I'm wondering if the course will be run again at some time in the future? And, also how long it will be left available in read only format.

Thanks so much,

Cheryl

smile

In reply to Cheryl Cox

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Cheryl. There are no plans for Moodle HQ to run the course again in the near future,  but as you have no doubt seen, the course is still available in read-only mode and certainly the accompanying videos will be on our youtube channel indefinitely. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

Hi Mary,

this is good to know, many thanks. Confirmation of HQ's no plan- to run the course again in the near future- is good to know. sad

Near future?

thanks

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

p.s.

we live in busy times eh. No need for a response, hectic here as well.  I will nag-on with others too! smile

Dawn 

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

Hey,

a quick update.  I have been thinking about the Learn.Moodle MOOC, and I have also been thinking about the research we did.  Going to pay some attention to that-fit it into my list-although I am far too busy to fit a chat with MD onto my list at the moment...I will need to contact him about that MOOC thing and 'near future thing'.....mmmmm...but too busy at the mo tongueout

I think an annual, established MOOC would be a valuable thing to do.   So, those in this thread asking about another one in the future.......don't lose hope!  Near future is like a piece of string metaphorically speaking....

yours virtually big grin

Dawn

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Cheryl Cox -

Thanks Mary. smile

In reply to Cheryl Cox

by Mary Cooch -

Hi Dawn - yes- just to clarify: Moodle HQ has no plans to run the MOOC again. From our point of view we wanted to show you could use Moodle as a MOOC platform and I like to think we did thatsmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

Yes-got you Mary.

Understand. Of course Moodle scaled up nicely....as a MOOC platform, and so 'think we did that' is indeed- spot on...it achieved a bit more too....will focus on getting that out in the public domain as soon as poss..... Makes sense to share the research.  Also makes sense to focus on the roadmap....GUI, Gradebook etc. 

cheers, smile

Dawn