Several questions from a new user regarding Moodle and flexibility

Several questions from a new user regarding Moodle and flexibility

von John Moore -
Anzahl Antworten: 2

Hello,

I have a neighbor who is a teacher and she asked me to find a software package similar to blackboard, but free.

She would like the system to be very easy to use both on her end and the user end. When I showed her the trailer on the Moodle site she said that that was too complicated for the parents to use. Is there a easy theme that I can install?  She wants to let them to be able to access homework sheets past lesson summaries, and related items.

For the students (kindergartners) can someone point me to demo that I could show her? I assume this powerful software package is very flexible,

If you guys could show me a sample video where someone has implemented the above features that would greatly help. In summary, they are the language splash screen, the very simple interface, and a video showing off how simple this package can be.

Thank you!
Als Antwort auf John Moore

Re: Several questions from a new user regarding Moodle and flexibility

von Marcus Green -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Particularly helpful Moodlers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers Nutzerbild von Testers

I promise you Moodle is no harder to use than Blackboard if you have used neither package previously. I have extensive experience with both products. However the "easiest" software to use is usually the software you are familiar with.

Als Antwort auf Marcus Green

Re: Several questions from a new user regarding Moodle and flexibility

von John Moore -

Hello,

She has heard about blackboard, but I am not sure she has actually used it. This is for kindergartners and their parents. Yes, she is going to manage it, so it doesn't matter if it's all about more complicated, but not too complicated is what she told me.

Maybe Motorola isn't the solution, but I want to know what I could use. She currently useshttp://teacherweb.com/ , but wants to move on to something free.