The new custom certificate module.

Re: The new custom certificate module.

by Todd Luger -
Number of replies: 6
Hi Mark

This custom certificate plugin is very useful, so thanks for building it.

I have been making good progress creating custom certs but have run into two issues:

1. Is there a way to customize the background with color, image, gradient, etc.?
  2. When I create a user field, the element does not appear on the Rearrange elements screen.

TIA.

Todd

In reply to Todd Luger

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks Todd,

1) No there isn't. The best solution I can think of is to use an image, but that isn't ideal if all you want is to change the colour. The best solution would be to create another 'background' element that you can choose to add to the certificate (or maybe not an element at all but a setting for the certificate). I need to think about this.

2) Having a look at the code now. It appears the field is only shown if the user currently rearranging the elements has a value for that field. So, if you chose 'Web page' but do not have one yourself then the value will remain as an empty string. This will need to be addressed.

If you could visit https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert and create some pull requests to remind me to work on them that would be great! smile

Regards,

Mark

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Todd Luger -

Hi Mark

I suspected what you explained for #2 and will test shortly.

I also just came upon another issue. The downloaded PDF file doesn't open correctly in Acrobat Reader on a Mac or PC. I had been previewing it in Preview on a Mac, so I did not realize this. Attached is a screenshot of what I see in Acrobat Reader and a jpg of what I see in Preview.

Todd

Attachment Certificate_of_Participation.jpg
Attachment Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.31.31 PM.png
In reply to Todd Luger

by Todd Luger -

I should add that I downloaded the certificate with Firefox on a Mac if you think that makes a difference.

Todd

In reply to Todd Luger

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Wow, that is odd, and not good. Are you able to create an issue on https://github.com/markn86/moodle-mod_customcert/issues so I can make note that I have to work on it? If you are able to provide exact replication steps so I can do it on a new install that would also be awesome. I don't have much time right now for development as I am busy working on new features for 3.2 as well as GSoC, but when I do I will address any issues I find there.

Thanks!

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Todd Luger -

Hi Mark

I will be creating the issues at GitHub now. I can report that you are correct about the user field. As soon as I added data to that field for my account, it displayed on the certificate.

Todd