General plugins

Default folder permissions

Picture of Adam Morris
Default folder permissions

Hi I want to set up my moodle installation so that when a user adds a folder to a course, by default a student in the course has permission to upload to that folder.

mod/folder:managefiles

I took a look through the code in mod/folder but wasn't able to pinpoint the line to modify.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
Davo
Re: Default folder permissions
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Does editing the student role to give them permission 'mod/folder:managefiles' not work? (Site admin > Users > Permissions > Define roles, click on 'Student' then 'Edit')

This could then be overridden for a particular course or folder where this wasn't wanted.

This should all be possible without touching any Moodle code.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Adam Morris

Ah, yes, you're right, thanks.

Mary Cooch
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Thanks Adam for your question and Davo for your answer. I've added this to the Folder resource FAQ

Picture of Lotte Nørregaard
Ang: Re: Default folder permissions

Hi,

I have just tried to edit the student role to have access to a specific Folder in a specific Course. But It seems like I can't do that? Do you have any ideas what to do?

Regards, Lotte

Moodle-Team Niels Brock, DK

Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Ang: Re: Default folder permissions
Documentation writersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developers

Students should already have access to folders added to courses...but normally you can click on the activity/resource and then go to permissions from the activity/resource admin menu and set it there.