Where are the repository folder files on my home page?

Re: Where are the repository folder files on my home page?

by Cindy Weber -
Number of replies: 0

I found the config.php file, changed $CFG-->dataroot path to end with moodledata.  I thought it worked because I could see an uploaded file with the file picker.  Next I tried to log in to one of my moodle courses as a student.  All of the files were missing and I just saw bright errors. 

I backed up these courses in moodle 1.9 and restored them in 2.something.  (have upgraded since).  Even though I can't see these files in the file picker, they must have 'secretly' uploaded in the 'legacy' file system, right?

Is there another repository that I can enable  and manage for future files that I need to upload and find in the file picker? 

directory systemI am the sole teacher, techie, Admin, etc.  I have approx. 30 courses functioning on this moodle system.

What I used to do is link to files in a password protected directory.  It wasn't fond of that method though because students needed to enter a password for the CMS and also a password for the files....lots of passwords. 

I want my course files to be password protected and I thought that the repository system was better than lots of passwords.