Can anyone tell me the difference aprt from open source ?
Comparisons and advocacy
docebo vs Moodle
For large corporations focused on internal training, some significant advantages that Docebo has over Moodle are:
- Org. Docebo can track staff training and delegate assignment of training via your organisational structure. This is the big deal, IMO. (OK, Totara - based on Moodle - can make a claim to providing this.)
- SAP. Docebo claims to interface with the super-expensive HR and ERP applications, which is a big deal for big enterprise. (Yes, Moodle has some options for Single-Sign-On, but that's just a beginning.)
- Webinar. Some people say that Docebo have integrated several webinar /video conferencing platforms to the point that "It Just Works". (Yes, there are plugins for Moodle for AdobeConnect, GoToMeeting, WizIQ, BigBlueButton, Wimba and others.)
- UI. It looks easy, to new users. You can get an taste of the entry-level user that Docebo caters for here. (Yes, I have seen nice Moodle Themes and I have set up courses for Kindergarten in Moodle.)
- SaaS. (Yes, there are Moodle partners that will provide Moodle on that basis.)
- Future. Earlier versions of Docebo were Open Source. It looks like Docebo's licensing terms changed in order to attract venture capital. Docebo's management is aiming to create and join eLearning "marketplaces", where learners will click-to-buy courses and learning "apps". Some clients may feel that this commercial model is more likely to grow or endure than Moodle's current ecosystem.