Anyone integrating with Lynda.com?

Anyone integrating with Lynda.com?

by Kevin Wiliarty -
Number of replies: 3

Just wondering if anyone has developed any kind of integration with training materials at Lynda.com. We have a campus license with them. A shallow integration might just make it easy to make links to specific videos or to search results for certain keywords. A deeper integration might allow Moodle to register student progress on a given tutorial. I haven't found reference to any kind of API for Lynda.com, so I'm not sure how much is possible, and I'd be grateful for any shared wisdom.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

Re: Anyone integrating with Lynda.com?

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've chatted with their sales team about integration and they do not yet have  LTI or other integrations available (as of December).  I do know that direct links to videos work though.

I'm interested if you discover anything contrary or figure out some other SSO options.  

Best of luck, 

Joe

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Chester Folming -

I just got the lti integration with lynda.com to work this morning. With some help from the nice people at lynda.com

This just to inform others that might have found this thread.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Chester Folming

by James Nicolson -

Hi 

I just wanted to revive this thread and see if there were any detailed instructions about how to integrate lynda.com with Moodle? I understand that the external tool activity will likely be used within Moodle and a key and secret will probably have to be generated within lynda.com. Were there any step by step instructions?