Subscribe to thread for support forums

Re: Subscribe to thread for support forums

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 0

Well the calendar import request was finished in 2.4 (which is a huge benefit for my teachers!), so here is my hope that a highly popular 6 year old request will be the top of the list for 2.5 (which they will also love). I visited the tracker and realized I had already voted for that feature (probably 2-3 years ago). I know that Moodle development is a huge task and the ranking of priority for what to add/improve involves public input, Moodle partners, technical limitations, and long term strategy-however it does seem that "user interface" issues get pushed down to the bottom more often than "add new feature" issues.

Moodle is in this balance of trying to be feature rich and still modern and usable. I just got an email from Schoology (a web based LMS) saying they just added question banks so you could reuse questions across quizzes. This made me laugh because Moodle has had a very robust question bank for years (though a bit difficult for novices to navigate). However, the next paragraph said they had implemented one click calendar events and drag and drop calendar event arranging. This made me sad at how far behind Moodle's calendar interface is.