WebDAV and multi videos

WebDAV and multi videos

ni Steve Bilton -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

Not quite sure if this is the correct forum to post in, however I have a question related to webDAV and streaming multi-media videos.

I've been setting up a webDAV repository which seems to be worknig well enough on the development server. I used Adrive (www.adrive.com) as it's seemed to good to pass-up given the value for money/space allowances.

I wanted to use webDAV primarily for serving videos (and audio) to my Moodle (currently 2.2.3).

So I've played around with the multimedia plugin settings to see how videos can be dis-played ngisi

• I've tested a single video file to stream as a 'file resource' in .mp4 format. All my old videos were in .flv, but times are changing and I wanted to make everything more compatible across devices - it seems a good idea anyway...

So the first thing I noticed (with .mp4 format) was that there is noway I can find to easily change the video dimensions using webDAV.

In old 1.x Moodles I simply used to place the dimensions within the url like so: http://xxxxx.flv?d=640x480. I believe you can still do this with "#d=640x480" in moodle 2, but not using webDAV!!!!

I can only do this via html or url entry, which webDAV does not seem to work with this type of url Interpretation.

So it doesn't imediately appear to be posible to resize video dimensions using webDAV (unless perhaps I continue to use .flv format????? although still need to fully test with flv if the behaviour is the same).

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the dimensions of plugin streamed videos using webDAV?

• on a second note I also tested a 'folder resource' with multiple videos contained within.

I notice there's a default argument of forcedownload for each link, which is fine, but I was wondering if there is a way to stream these files (preferable without starting the stream until the play button is clicked).

Thanks and much appreciated for any input!!

Steve

Average of ratings: -