Bootstrap icons in pix_icon format

Bootstrap icons in pix_icon format

by David Scotson -
Number of replies: 0
Hi all,

I've just converted the image sprite used by Bootstrap into the format that Moodle expects for it's icons. It turned out to be more of a faff than you might have expected so I thought I'd share the results in case anyone else would find this useful. You can get them here:

https://github.com/ds125v/moodle-theme_bootstrap_renderers/tree/master/pix

As well as the actual icons, there's also a script for generating them from the sprite image, and another script for changing the color of the icons, with a pink example set to show the effect. You'll need imagemagick installed for the script to work.

The sprite image is not totally regular so there may be some images that are 1 or 2 pixels off, if you spot any such icons I can fix it in the script (which currently just slices it into 140 equal size squares) and regenerate them quite easily. There's probably more icons that could be used, if you've any suggestions for any more icons I can convert then let me know.

I'm trying to use the sprite sheet itself wherever possible, but I needed the traditional set as well to cover any gaps until I can rewrite more of the icon stuff in renderers.
Average of ratings: -