Flashcard module add-on: Import doesn't work

Flashcard module add-on: Import doesn't work

by Jason Degirmenci -
Number of replies: 5

No matter how I manipulate the text, I cannot get anything to import.  There are no error messages so I am clueless as to what I should try next.  I have attached a final containing the latest text I tried to import.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Degirmenci

Re: Flashcard module add-on: Import doesn't work

by Tomasz Muras -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Translators

Hi Jason,

Which version of Moodle and which version of flashcard module do you use?

cheers,
Tomek

In reply to Tomasz Muras

by Erik Schirmer -

Hi, I am having a problem with import as well. only the first few slides fill in and the rest are blank. I am using moodle 2.4.1 and flashcard 2012080800. Attached is the text file I am importing from via copy/paste.

In reply to Erik Schirmer

by Erik Schirmer -

Got it to work.

In reply to Erik Schirmer

by Tomasz Muras -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Translators

I'm glad to hear that! Could you describe what was the problem and how did you import in the end? I would like to put that at some point onto the documentation.

cheers,
Tomek

In reply to Tomasz Muras

by Erik Schirmer -

all I changed was the trailing colon on the last card entry. I had commas as front/back separators and colons as card separators, once I deleted that colon from the end of the last card it worked.

I am now trying to determine how to make tem look nice. I've used inline styling with a little success, but I'd rather not load an image for every card flip, and adding a bunch of html lines to each card diminishes the value of the import function. Can each card link to the same stylesheet? I've searched the forums with little sucess at finding good instructions about this. Can you point me in a direction?