Terms of service - help offered

Ang: Re: Terms of service - help offered

by Bente Olsen -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt

It's not me you should thank, I am just an admirer smile

From About: "Ultimately, all the work is transparent and the discussions happen in public." Every examined item have a link "Expand" with explanation and link to discussions. Eg.:

Delicious is marked:

- Very broad copyright license on your content, includes right for Delicious to distribute through any media.

Explanation:

The copyright license granted to Delicious is not limited to operating the service. Your content can be exploited “in any and all media or distribution channels (now known or hereafter created)” i.e. it can be distributed by Delicious outside the Delicious service.

Then there is a discussion link to a discussion on Google Groups

Facebook:

- Very broad copyright license on your content Discussion

Explanation

The copyright licence that you grant to Facebook goes beyond the requirements for operating the service. For instance, it includes the right for Facebook to transfer the license or to license it others on their terms (“sublicense”). Also, the copyright license does not end when you stop using the service unless your content has been deleted by everyone else.

Here is also a link to Google Groups

Many places you see a direct link to the ToS for the service. It is really thorough work they do.