Thanks for the beta -- good timing

Thanks for the beta -- good timing

by John Windmueller -
Number of replies: 0

I just want to say thanks to Martin and all the other folks who have been pitching in to develop Moodle for the decision to release a beta of Moodle 1.1 when you did.  I imagne that the timing decision had a lot to do with the development stage of the new version, along with Moodle's anniversary, but it also had another nice bonus: it's just in time to get installed and tinkered with before the Fall semester starts up next week (at least in these parts). 

For example, I'm getting a chance to play with the new peer review module, and assuming it works (which it seems to be... fingers crossed), it means I have time to quickly alter some of the assignments listed in the syllabi of two courses I'm teaching and take advantage of the new feature. 

Having the ability to easily hide material and move it (beyond just within a single class unit), has also now made Moodle a great course planning tool.  In the past I couldn't really dump and move material around in Moodle, so I'd have to first "think outloud" on paper, finalize the ordering and material, and then upload it to Moodle.  And the ability to hide individual material means I can use Moodle to simulatenously organize my class lecture notes (many of which I don't make directly available to students unless asked) --I just put them in the sections they'll be covered and hide them so they're still handy for my own reference.  (I often don't give out my lecture material because I've found that students seem to learn better when doing their own note taking and, in that way, interact directly with the material.)

So, many thanks!
John

Average of ratings: -