Databases: Problems I don't understand fom functional DB test

Databases: Problems I don't understand fom functional DB test

by David Jakob -
Number of replies: 0

Hi

I'm performing an upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2. Most of the stuff has gone OK, but I've just run the functional DB tests and get the following (the list was longer, but I've sorted most of it out):

Running tests on: Current database (native/mysqli)

Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / ► dml_test / ► test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unique index is accent insensitive, this may cause problems for non-ascii languages. This is usually caused by accent insensitive default collation. at [/home/path/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 3361]
Exception: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / ► dml_test / ► test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unexpected exception of type [dml_write_exception] with message [Error writing to database] in [/home/path/moodle/lib/dml/moodle_database.php line 397]
Debug info:
Duplicate entry 'aäa' for key 2
INSERT INTO mdl_unit_table (name) VALUES(?)
[array (
0 => 'aäa',
)]
line 973 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
line 1015 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
line 3355 of /lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
line ... of ...
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / ► dml_test / ► test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be accent sensitive at [/home/path/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 3389]
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / ► dml_test / ► test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be case sensitive at [/home/path/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 3392]
2/2 test cases complete: 1162 passes, 3 fails and 1 exceptions.
Run at Freitag, 20 Juli 2012, 08:50 . Time taken: 27 secs. Using SimpleTest version 1.0.1.

My question: what do I have to do to sort this out? The site language is German and it appears to me that it has something to do with the db settings, but I'm none the wiser. I've managed to set the collation tu utf-8_unicode_ci and the storage engine to InnoDB, although the default is still set to MyISAM and I don't know how to change this default.

I'd be gratful for hints, tips and solutions.

Regards

David

Average of ratings: -